Pageviews past week

Monday, January 22, 2018

Rebel without a cause

For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are. If you have been rebellious against the Lord while I am still alive and with you, how much more will you rebel after I die!

That is really a great question. Moses sounds so disappointed in his people, after all they had been through together, after all the suffering and pain they experienced. After all they had learned about God and His faithfulness, Moses as leader knew he couldn't count on the Israelites to remain true to God.

Moses knew that the Israelites were rebellious at heart. They deserved God's punishment, although they often received his mercy instead. We, too, are stubborn and rebellious by nature. Throughout our lives we struggle with sin. Repentance once a month or once a week is not enough. We must constantly turn from our sins to God and let him, in his mercy, save us.

Many a parent, who discovered their child misbehaving has said to the offenders, "You know better than that. We've been through this before, and as soon as my back is turned, you are at it again." I am sure God thinks this same thing of us and that is why He sent His Son. God knew His people over the ages, would rebel over and over again.

We still do this today.  I still do this today. I know better, I've been down this road before, but still I weaken and fail Him. I mess up every day, but now, I recognize it early on, and can stop in my tracks. I have learned there are consequences, and they are not fun. Because of these consequences I am learning to change,


Deuteronomy 31:27

No comments: