Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 18, 2018

An Adventure Book


Reading is fun, it is entertaining, it is educational, it is relational; and it is a wonderful use of our time. I love to read fiction, nonfiction, memoir, autobiographies; all genres. I have found that every time I start a new book, it takes a little bit to get into it; to be drawn in by the characters or the story-line.  But eventually I engage and move forward with being entertained, or taught some life lesson.

It was pretty much the same way with the Bible when I first attempted to get into this book. I was convinced to open my Bible to the old testament dig into it when I finished reading a fictional series by Lynn Austin called Chronicles of the King. This five-book series told of King Hezekiah and the history of his day. I was so captured by the story (and the scripture quoted) that I opened my Bible and began to discover a whole new world of intrigue, love, evil and good.

Over the years, I have garnered my favorite authors, who take me on new adventure with their roots in Scripture. The plot and story come from the pages of the Sacred Words of Scripture. The writer can deposit me right smack-dab in the middle of life application.

This has begun an exciting journey and relationship with the Bible. I will read many other books, but I always remember that they drew me to the complete Word of God and began an adventure that is still going strong. Give it a try.


Hebrews 3:7-9

No comments: