Pageviews past week

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Rise and Shine!

We all have morning routines, those things we do as we begin our day. Some of us get up slowly, hitting the snooze numerous times. Others, don't even need/use and alarm clock, but we are programmed to wake around the same time each day. Some of us will head to the kitchen to press the button which will brew the coffee before even letting the dog outside for a moment.

Those of us who have waited at the bedside of a loved one, knowing time was short, recognize just how miraculous it is just to great each morning by opening our eyes. Waking up each day is a big thing!  But it is one of those happenings we take for granted…until the routine changes. 

Every morning, when my eyes open for the first time, and I breathe in the first breath of the day I have an opportunity to wake up Spiritually as well. I know of some folks who immediately thank God for their new day, the fresh chance to do good, to change bad habits for loving practices; to make right, yesterday’s wrongs. We have a moment when the day is alive with opportunity to do the 'next best thing.'

I was baptized as an infant, just a couple weeks after my birth. I never considered that event, my baptism, as an awakening. But truly, that is just what it is. No matter what age you are when baptized, it is the day the Holy Spirit is awakened in us. The day the Spirit of God begins His work in us and through us.



John 3:5-8

No comments: