Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Christ, The Solid Rock -- 1 Peter 3:18-22

As I was reading today's text, I heard the chorus of one of my favorite hymns, "On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand." The song is always uplifting and encouraging.

We may encounter many things during our day which cause us to be in "sinking sand." When things seem to overwhelm, our wonderful hope for standing and walking through it is in Christ. We are never alone when we proclaim Christ as our Savior.

Peter's words tell of the hope that comes from building a life in Christ. We are reminded that Jesus is risen. He has declared victory over the evil spirits that exploit our sins and try to come between God and us. When we commit ourselves to Him, Jesus saves us through baptism.

Only Christ is the true solid Rock on which we can stand! "[Our] hope is built on nothing less."

Prayer: Mighty God, I praise You, for You are my Rock. Thank You for being with me during difficult times. Help me remember to turn to You first, instead of waiting until I am overwhelmed. Strengthen my faith so I may constantly be aware of Your loving presence. Amen

We would like to hear your thoughts. Click on Comments below.

No comments: