Pageviews past week

Monday, June 7, 2010

Faith Checkup -- Matthew 1:18-25

Mary Had to know her surrender to God's plan would be a huge sacrifice. At the least, she could be shamed as an unwed mother. Joseph could divorce her, or worse have her stoned to death.

Joseph considered quietly divorcing Mary as a way out and also to protect her. But Joseph listened to God's plan. He married Mary.

Joseph and Mary probably didn't consider or even imagine the extent of their personal or their son's future suffering. The strength of their faith caused them both to submit to God's plan without question.

Today's text prompts me to take a pause to see if my faith is in step with where it should be. It's like spring cleaning. What needs to be sorted out, thrown away, or dusted off? What needs to be saved, protected, and cherished? What will bring me closer to God and His plan for my life?

Prayer: Lord God, I thank You and Praise You for the many blessings You have given me. Forgive me for the times I have ignored what You want me to do. Forgive me for the times I have gotten so overwhelmed with things and have forgotten Your presence. Give me wisdom and direction to reevaluate my priorities to honor You with my time. Amen

We would like to hear your thoughts. Click on Comments below.

No comments: