The notation, "Worry is ineffective," makes sense to me because I am a person of action. "Don't talk about it, just do it,” is something I would say or think. My reasoning though, isn't spiritual. My reasoning is that I should be able to do anything; I never stop to turn it over to God. One of my problems is that I do not surrender and let God handle my worries.
"Worry is acting like a heathen," also speaks to me. During the difficult times we are living in now, with jobs being scarce and financing difficult to obtain, worry seems natural. The words, "So, do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' (Matthew 6:31)
So, how do we overcome this? How do we go to God with our fears? Practice. Like most things we work to change and improve about ourselves, we have to practice. Sometimes I am halfway into a real good worry session when I remember God's charge to us 'not to worry'. Then I practice turning it over to Him. Eventually, practice will make perfect.
To read the text for today click here.
So, how do we overcome this? How do we go to God with our fears? Practice. Like most things we work to change and improve about ourselves, we have to practice. Sometimes I am halfway into a real good worry session when I remember God's charge to us 'not to worry'. Then I practice turning it over to Him. Eventually, practice will make perfect.
To read the text for today click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment