Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Luke 7:36-50

There are a number of stories in the text for today, and a number of places where I see myself.  That is usually where I begin when preparing to write one of these devotionals; I read the scripture then reflect on what the Word might be reminding me.  So often I can see where God has been working in my life and then I recognize how far He has moved me from that place of sin and death to this place of hope and life.

"When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.” (Luke 7:39)
Isn't this interesting did you catch it?  I know I read this a number of times in the past before truly seeing what was written.  "He said to himself," The Pharisee wasn't speaking out loud, he was talking to himself and Jesus responded.  I don't know if the Pharisee understood what just happened either.  It certainly gives more weight to the truth that Jesus knows our every thought.

I know there have been times I have thought something, or journaled my heart, only to have God act on my dreams or desires.  I don't have to verbalize with my tongue only with my heart and God will respond.

Read the Luke 7:36-50 text for today here.

No comments: