Pageviews past week

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Acts 3:12-4:4

When life is going well, when things just seem to fall into place and I am happy and content I seldom give God the glory.  For some reason, when there is little strife in my daily life and I can face each day without worry or regret I forget to thank God.  Humility disappears and I give all the credit to myself.

When Peter saw this, he said to them: “Fellow Israelites, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? (Acts 3:12)

After healing a man crippled since birth, the people who knew him were amazed.  Peter used this time to point the crowd to Jesus.  He did not hesitate to give all the glory and credit to Jesus.  Peter's humility is admirable for he recognized from where and from whom his power to heal came. Peter could easily have taken a bow at this moment, could have grabbed glory for himself and set himself up as someone he wasn't.  Peter reminds the followers that day that Jesus, the one they killed, healed the man. 

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. (Acts 3:13)
Jesus, the author of life, is the one who heals, who causes my life to go smoothly, and who blesses me with abundance and joy.  I must remember this and give glory where glory is due.

Read Acts 3:12-4:4 here.

No comments: