Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Acts 18:18-23

We have been created by God with free will.  Just what does that mean?  I can do what ever I choose to do if it is good for me or not; if it is helpful or wicked--it is my choice.  So then why do we blame God when life gets messy? Why do we blame others...anyone but ourselves, when we get into big trouble?

I also call this 'me' will.  I am only concerned with today, with my satisfaction right here and now.  Me will is living my life as I want and it is very common to witness others act this way.

As Christians we have free will.  Having learned following Jesus the most profitable way to live, asking for God's will is still another way to live out life.  I have found when I pray for God's will and am truly open to receiving it even if it isn't what I would want, I am blessed.  Praying for God's will shows the depth of my faith.  I believe God wants only the best for me and my faith is shown every time I ask for God's will to prevail.

Acts 18:19-21 (NIV)
They arrived at Ephesus, where Paul left Priscilla and Aquila. He himself went into the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews.  When they asked him to spend more time with them, he declined. But as he left, he promised, "I will come back if it is God's will." Then he set sail from Ephesus. 

We can tell from these readings telling of Paul's missionary journey, just how much Paul loved God's people.  When he promised to come back if it were God's will, he meant it.  Is your faith that deep?  I pray and yours and mine is.




Read Acts 18:18-23 in NIV or MSG here.

No comments: