Pageviews past week

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Luke 7:36-50

There are times in our lives when we ache to hear the words, "I forgive you."  We are capable of hurting someone deeply, especially someone we care about.  Remorse is usually great, but pride puts up a wall which hinders us from asking forgiveness.  Living in the land of, "I wish I hadn't said that," or, "If only I had done things differently," is a tough place to reside.  Regrets and if only's make for uneasy living.

Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

When Jesus said these words to the woman who crashed the dinner party, she must have felt a tremendous burden lifted off her heart.  She recognized Jesus as one who cared deeply and as one she needed to approach.  Her eyes were opening and she saw her sinful life for what it was and took action.  Jesus, the light, caused her to see clearly.

When we go through life with blinders on we do not see the real world.  These lessons this week remind me I need to see the world as it is, I need to rely on the one who can change my eye-sight.  God's plan for you and for me is already in front of us.  We only need eyes to see it and hearts to embrace it and we too will find peace.

Read the Luke 7:36-50 text here.  Listen to a reading of the Luke 7:36-50 text here.

No comments: