Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dreams Come True - Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18, 24-25

What sort of dreams do you have?  It is said that everyone dreams but not everyone remembers them.  I know I seldom recall dreaming and if I know I had a dream, I rarely have any recollection of the content.  But once in a while I do, and those instances the vision will stay with me for a number of days before they fade.

There are rare occasions when a dream troubles me or when I give them more than a passing thought. But there are also times when I wonder if God is guiding me during my sleep time.  If I fall asleep praying, I often wake up with the last thought on my mind.  I feel like I have been given a solution to the prayer I placed before God.  Imagine then, Joseph's dreams which included messages from angels.

"When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife." (Matthew 1:24)

Joseph likely was worried about Mary, and what he should do about their betrothal. I don't doubt he loved her, and as a prayerful man he would pray about it. Joseph was familiar with scripture and had probably read from the Book of Isaiah. "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14) 

Joseph willingly followed God's direction, his obedience was swift; he simply did what God wanted him to do.

Read the Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18, 24-25 texts here.

No comments: