Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Isaiah 25:1-9

With this being the anniversary week of the loss of my husband you may expect this week's writings to be a bit melancholy, with words pointing to memories of last year this time for this writer, but not so. God has been working in my heart and has prepared me for this season. The Scripture verses for today are exhilarating and exciting. Is God speaking to you to?

LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have done wonderful things,
things planned long ago.
(Isaiah 25:1)

A close friend of mine told me that she sensed God was moving me to the north woods of Wisconsin because it was to be a refuge for me. For the longest time I felt alone and recognized I needed to draw near to God. I am slowly coming to realize God’s plan is always perfect. Is God nudging you to take up residence in His refuge?

You have been a refuge for the poor,
a refuge for the needy in their distress,
a shelter from the storm
and a shade from the heat.
(Isaiah 25:4)

It is a new day and I am prepared now to feast on God’s goodness, His promises and His glory. The time for mourning has passed and God is revealing a bright future for the faithful. I am reminded to ask myself, “Why continue to grieve someone the presence of God? How selfish is that?”

In that day they will say,

“Surely this is our God;
we trusted in him, and he saved us.
This is the LORD, we trusted in him;
let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”
(Isaiah 25:9)

Is God moving you through a dark valley, is life a constant burden? Turn to Him and you will find refuge.
Read the Isaiah 25:1-9 text here.  Listen to an audio reading here.

No comments: