Pageviews past week

Friday, November 1, 2013

Word of God - Speak!

Revelation 21:5 (NIV)
 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."


This past weekend the church I attend held a Renewal Weekend for women.  This is like a retreat, a time to draw close to God, to fellowship with other Christians and to share. We share our stories of God's love and His provision. We share our hearts and our time and our prayers with one another. Each of these weekends has a Scripture verse which is a theme verse.  Revelation 21:5 was that verse.

Because Scripture is living and active, these words spoke to the hearts of the 24 women in attendance in differing ways. Because God meets us where we are, His words will minister to each heart individually, on a day by day basis. This is one of the things I find so exciting about digging into the Word. Every morning when I ask for a word - He gives me one!

For example, May of 2012 I was living in the north woods of Wisconsin.  My husband had recently died and I was working through all the change my life now faced.  I had been here for 10 months and was sensing during my daily time with God, that things were about to change again. The time was approaching for me to return home. I called my former pastor to explain my feelings and he said, "God is making everything new." It was this very verse I had read and underlined in my Bible that morning.

The Bible begins with the majestic story of creation and ends with the fulfilling picture of the creation of a new heaven and a new earth.  God is making all things new and you can write it in indelible ink; for the words from God will not be erased. (paraphrased by this writer)



Revelation 21:1-5

No comments: