Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Genesis 40:20-23 (Their Future)


Joseph Interprets Chief Butlers' and Bakers' Dreams:

 Joseph’s story touches my heart on many levels.

When I was left with my grandparents for extended times, I became homesick, “literally sick.” My grandparents were at wits-end trying to comfort me.  I felt forgotten and forsaken, unable to fully understand that my parents would come back for me.  I empathize with others who have been homesick. 

Sincerely I sympathize with those incarcerated, often forgotten and forsaken.  Serving in a prison ministry years ago, I struggled to write letters as I could not truly empathize, having never lost my personal freedom.

Despite Joseph’s accurate interpretation of the chief butlers' dream, Pharaoh’s official failed to remember him, (actively forgot him) once he was freed from prison.  Gen. 40:20–23 

Two years would pass before the Lord intervened in Joseph’s circumstances, showing clearly His presence with him and His unfolding plan for restoration.  

We know Joseph persevered, looking past his sufferings to seek refuge in God’s invisible hand.  We also must do so, even when it seems more rational to do otherwise. 

 Joseph proclaims this truth about his brothers’ betrayal in Genesis 50:20.  “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.”  

Joseph had come to know the inherent nurturing nature of God; that He could not and would not forget His children.

 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!  See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:15-16


When we experience intense personal suffering, we are prone to think God has forgotten us.  “Lord help us to trust You to work in our trials to bring about Your perfect plan and to know You will never forget us!"

No comments: