Pageviews past week

Friday, April 22, 2016

Psalms 51: 1-5

We All Need Forgiveness

Many years ago I recall my niece having a purse full of what you might call spiritual reminder cards. She offered me one, and it said something about being a sinner. I half smiled not sure what she was trying to tell me and said, “So you think I’m a sinner?” Her response was correct, but at the time I wasn’t far into my true faith walk so wasn’t really sure what she meant. She replied, “We all are.” 

I have learned much since those days, and am grateful to her and many others in my life who have been examples of God's grace. We can't do this without others. We can't grow by ourselves. We can't learn about all God has for us without connecting with others who are farther along than we are. Once I began associating with other Christ followers who had been "in the word" for years, I began learning what I didn't know I didn't know. Now, the more I know, the more I know I don't know. :) 

One thing I DO KNOW however, is that forgiveness is the key to peace within my heart. 

Forgiving others who have hurt us is very freeing.
Luke 6:37 Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven

Forgiveness is powerful.
Mark 11:25 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Forgiveness can be given even when it is not requested.
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

We may need to forgive again and again.
Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times? Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

We all need forgiveness from the Lord.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Read/Listen to Psalm 51:1-5


No comments: