Pageviews past week

Friday, September 23, 2016

Together we are Strong

When I am not feeling well, let's say I have a bad cold, my entire body can be affected. A pesky head cold impedes my thinking and planning skills. I can't think straight. Then there are those times that I hurt myself, maybe cut my foot on a piece of glass. My walking will suffer. If I can't walk comfortably I won't get much-needed exercise. Not to mention just getting from point A to point B is a struggle.

When we are sick or injured, our body isn't in sync with our plans for that day or week. We aren't cohesive and can not follow through on our plans. Once we feel better or are healed, it is noticeably easier to function, to fulfill an obligation or to simply complete our work.

When relationships are broken or sick and not functioning in a healthy way, many things will suffer too. Who wants to visit a family that always fights? Wants to be part of a group that can't get along and don't seem to care about each other? I know I don't. This family will disintegrate. Love will be a thing of the past. And before too long, so will the family.

"...that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. (1 Corinthians 12:25-26)

Unity is the answer. Coming together, talking it out and really listening to one another. Then, if necessary we agree to disagree. Not everything we disagree with is life threatening. Some things don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Let's learn to recognize them and retire this divisive nature in our lives and strengthen our relationships...with one another and with God.

1 Corinthians 12:12-26

No comments: