Pageviews past week

Monday, November 7, 2016

Family Reunions

NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THESE DAILY BIBLE BLASTS EACH MORNING IN YOUR INBOX SIMPLY ADD YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO THE BOX "FOLLOW BY EMAIL" ON THE RIGHT.


If you like happy endings, today's reading will be to your liking.

Genesis 45:4-5 (NIV)

“Then Joseph said to his brothers, "Come close to me." When they had done so, he said, "I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt!

And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you.”


When we can look back at those times in our life when we cried out in desparation from a heart that was breaking, only to see God in action. What a blessing! These blessings aren’t reserved for special people; you and I are privy to these too. Joseph must have cried out many times during the early years of his captivity, only to realize his God had a plan all along.

Often when I am wondering just what God is doing I will go back into one of my journals and read through my notes from another season of life which was filled with pain. Often God uses my journals to reveal just how present He was; just how near to me He stayed. It is God's way of reminding me that He never moves away from us.

As family reunions go, this was a great one. It contained all the drama, tears, and regrets you would expect when family who has been separated for years - no matter the reason - are reunited.  God will use all of our sins, our pain, our bad judgments and wasteful ways, for His glory.  It is then we will recognize and acknowledge our need for God.  It is then we understand only God can do the things God does. Truly He is the One True God.

God sent me on ahead to pave the way and make sure there was a remnant in the land, to save your lives in an amazing act of deliverance. So you see, it wasn’t you who sent me here but God. Genesis 45:7-8(NIV)

Genesis 45:4-8

No comments: