Pageviews past week

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Life and Financial Fears

Malachi 3:7 (MSG)

“I am God—yes, I Am. I haven’t changed. And because I haven’t changed, you, the descendants of Jacob, haven’t been destroyed.

One thing I think of when reading this particular passage is, how good God is and has been to me. He has given me second chance after second chance and never spoke words of shame to my spirit. God has seen me through a rough start in life by providing a grandmother and grandfather who were like Jesus with skin on (as the saying goes).

Every step of my journey on earth has been guided and protected by the unchanging love of my Savior. Now, it took me many years to learn this and then, even more years to live with faith that God always has my back. But having now arrived I can finally admit that Jesus has made all the difference in my life as He will in my death!

Malachi 3:7-8 (NIV) Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the LORD Almighty. "But you ask, 'How are we to return?'

"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings."

Have you come to this conclusion yet? Have you felt the loving hand of God on your life? Once you invite His touch everything changes. One of my greatest fears throughout my life was financial. I never considered giving during hard times. Once I recognized there was nothing to be afraid of, peace took over and tithing became one of my spiritual disciplines.

Malachi 3:6

No comments: