Pageviews past week

Monday, November 21, 2016

The Battle isn't Yours!

Do you have a life verse? Simply stated, a life verse is a verse(s) from the Bible that you choose to be your most favorite verse; it is the one that you commit to memory to share with others. Two verses in 2 Chronicles, 12 and 17, contain words of comfort and love and hope. 

Six years ago, the last week of December, I was at Kobacker House, an inpatient hospice care center, with my husband who was dying of cancer. We knew it wouldn't be long before Jesus took him home. As you can imagine, I didn’t know how to act, how to feel, or even what to do next. The prayers of so many friends and family held me and my daughters close. 

During this stay at Kobacker House, I received an email from someone from my church. She told me that God gave her these verses and instructed her to share them with me. She didn't know why and said she had never done anything like this before. Well, as you can guess those words lifted me up and gave me hope. I knew from these lines that God was with me and always would be.

The words still speak to me today, whenever I am in the midst of making a serious decision or caught in an impossible situation they appear. Sometimes they are part of a devotion I am reading, or a point in my current Bible study or even scripture read on Sunday as part of the sermon. God delivers these words to me often. So often that I have begun to look for them.

2 Chronicles 20:12 (NIV)  We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." 


2 Chronicles 20:17 (NIV) 
“You will not have to fight this battle… Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'" 



2 Chronicles 20:12-17

No comments: