Pageviews past week

Monday, January 16, 2017

Spiritual Eyes

Are you encouraged by your troubles? Does the pain or suffering in your life inspire you to keep moving in the same direction? When we rely on the Holy Spirit for direction and for comfort we see God's hand in our trials. When we learn to use our Spiritual Eyes we recognize God was there all along. 

Jesus was hated by the world; we are as well. We are in good company. In that respect, I feel much encouragement. I consider it a privilege to be persecuted for the sake of Jesus. Fiery trials are to be expected, and as Christians, we can be comforted by the fact that Jesus suffered also.

At the same time, I feel totally inadequate and oh, so unworthy. I believe I have written a couple times of my fears of not being up to the task. I am afraid if push comes to shove I might not be willing to claim Jesus as my Savior. I am not very brave, nor do I have a high tolerance for pain. But, I do have faith and I do pray for God to 'help my unbelief'.

1 Peter 4:12 (NIV)

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you."

The more I think about this, the more I realize that every season we encounter is one of testing and growing faith. The year our family experienced 3 deaths within 3 weeks of each other is one of the first examples I bring to mind. This was early in my journey toward a personal relationship with Jesus. It did make me stronger because I was forced to cling to my faith as my world was shaken.

Now, the Holy Spirit's presence in my life is key. The guidance and direction I receive daily inspires me to stay close to God and soak in His Word each day.



1 Peter 4:12-19

No comments: