Pageviews past week

Sunday, February 26, 2017

God is in Control

Romans 11:28-29 (MSG)
From your point of view as you hear and embrace the good news of the Message, it looks like the Jews are God's enemies. But looked at from the long-range perspective of God's overall purpose, they remain God's oldest friends.  God's gifts and God's call are under full warranty—never canceled, never rescinded. 

I admire those people who can say they have a few of the same friends as they had in childhood. Just think, from the time you were a toddler or in the 1st or 2nd grade, a friend or two from those days is still a friend today. That is incredible. Think, there was and still is a bond that makes the two of you click.  There is a force at work that kept you both in one another's lives.  Do you ever wonder why?

I can recall a few of my childhood friends, names and even the houses they lived in, but I am hard-pressed to tell you anything about them now. I don't even know if they are still alive.  So what is the difference? Why do some relationships stand the test of time and others are shed like last summer's sun-burn? To be honest, God is probably the only One to answer that question. Friendships such as those are made in Heaven.

I do know that friendships I have made since becoming a Believer when I was still a young Christian are relationships I still have today - 20 and 30 years later. um...perhaps God does have something to do with it. These Christian friends helped shape and form my faith. At times they tested it as well. But these Faithful were put in my path as a youngster, just starting out on my journey to Jesus.

God is indeed in control of my life and He has allowed me the privilege of having a few of His Faithful to be my forever friends.

Romans 11:1-21a,29,32

No comments: