Pageviews past week

Monday, March 13, 2017

No one is righteous

13 March 

Read Romans 3:9-20 and reflect on the passage.

Ask the average Person, “do you think you’ll go to heaven?” Usually, the response is, “Sure, I’m a good person and I do good things too.” As we are told by St. Paul in this reading, none of us are righteous through our own efforts. Even in Matthew 7:22-23 Jesus said, “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”

So how do we become righteous so Jesus will know us? It starts with setting our heart on Jesus. Like a best friend, we enter into a personal relationship with Him. Through our repentance and belief in Jesus as our Lord, we open our hearts to let the Holy Spirit flow through us. The Holy Spirit will provide the wisdom and revelation in Jesus so we can understand him with great intimacy. Open your heart to let Jesus consume you with love, and then use His love to love other people. In this way, Jesus makes us righteous.

Questions

1. Have you opened your heart to let Jesus love you, so you can love others?

2. In Proverbs 4:20, Solomon talks about protecting your heart. Are you guarding your heart from evil thoughts and replacing them with God’s Word and love?

Prayer

Jesus, thank You for Your amazing love for me. With Your love, I set my heart on You and others. Let Your will be done.
—Thomas Denegre

No comments: