Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Always Remember

The Faithful King

I grew up in a Catholic family, attended parochial grade school and therefore experienced my First Communion as a 4th or 5th grader. This was such a big day for me, as our class studied and prepared for months to take our First Holy Communion together as a class. If I am honest though, I remember this day because I had to share this celebration with my sister and my mom. As luck would have it, my special day also fell on Mother's Day and my sister's birthday.

Now, as an adult, I realize it isn't the day that is special or note worthy, it is the experience. And it isn't an event I can only observe once. No, Holy Communion is celebrated many times though out the year. In fact, that is how God ordained it to be. He instructed His disciples to 'do this in remembrance of Me.'

22 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take it; this is my body.”
23 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, and they all drank from it.
(Mark 14:22-23)

Today, Maundy Thursday we go through all the motions and emotions of Jesus’ Last Supper. But mostly we remember…

Mark 14:22-26

No comments: