Pageviews past week

Monday, June 25, 2018

Adventurous Prayer

1 Timothy 2:1 (MSG) 
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

My dream for years has been to own a small RV and travel. This was my retirement dream, but as luck would have it, it was my husband's worst nightmare. But, now, after living seven plus years alone, I finally came to the realization that I needed a dream and so I resurrected that old one; which by the way never really left my heart.

To travel over the U.S., meet people, see the sights. To live a life of adventure is so appealing at this time in my life. What fun to step outside my norm and take some chances. To meet folks who don't know Jesus and maybe have an opportunity to make that introduction. So, what is stopping me? Why don't I do it?

Common sense steps in and makes me conduct a 'wisdom check.' I am prompted to ask questions like: What changes do I need to make in order to follow this dream? What are the risks? What could happen? Will this adventure impact me my life and my future?

But, any adventure worth considering is worth dreaming and even planning for. There is nothing that says it is forever. No, maybe just give it a try in small doses. How about a couple weeks in a rental camper? Just to test the waters.

I have been praying about my future, about my dreams and my reality. Wisdom often stops me in my tracks and tells me I am not being practical. My finances do the same sometimes. But I am going to keep praying and I know God has a plan/dream for me. I just hope it includes some real adventurous moments.

What about you, are you filled with a hunger to follow a dream that maybe doesn't seem steeped in reality? Pray, pray every way you know how. See what God might do. Perhaps we'll run into each other on the road.


1 Timothy 2:1-6

No comments: