Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Adventure of a Lifetime

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. (1 John 5:1 NIV)

So much of our faith-walk is an adventure. Once I began this journey and started to believe in God and believe God, the adventure began. One day I was living my life with no Spiritual accountability and they next it was all different. This new path was the result of a moment of thinking, "there must be more to life than this."

Now don't get me wrong, I was a church goer, I was involved. I knew the right things to volunteer for, the proper way to behave...at church.  But therein lay the problem. My actions for the 1 or 2 hours a week at church were not the same as the rest of the week, my motives were not honorable.

Do we love God? Do we keep his commands? The proof that we love God comes when we keep his commandments and they are not at all troublesome. (1 John 5:3 MSG)

Slowly I was convicted by my actions; I learned to behave different. I learned to do the things Jesus did as I read the words Jesus spoke. Little by little I became a disciple of Jesus. And as you know, nothing is ever the same again. I still sin, still make mistakes, still say and do things that hurt. But I am able to recognize the sin in my life and change; repent and walk in a new direction.

That is where the adventure comes in. With eyes and my Bible wide open, I step into the future with hope and joy and the love of Jesus. "Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life." (1 John 5:12 NIV)  Are you up for an adventure? 

No comments: