Pageviews past week

Friday, August 17, 2018

Consistently Inconsistent


Ever been told to “lead by example?”  Reminded that you never know who’s watching and to be mindful of how your actions affect others?
As Christians we’re called to cast aside our selfish tendencies and serve as an example by following His Word.
Peter’s letter begins with the following verse:  To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, so we surmise he’s referring to Christians living amongst pagans in the Roman Empire. 
He implores them to abstain from sin and do good deeds.  He encourages them to be examples of a Christ-centered life. 

There are also some who interpret “foreigners and exiles” to mean Christians living on Earth.  We are in the world, but not of the world.  This planet is not our true home, Heaven is, and while we’re here waiting, we’re called to invite others to share in a life with Christ.
So what kind of example are we setting?  I can only speak for myself and say, my example is consistently inconsistent.  I try to do the right thing, but most often my words and actions are not His words and actions.  

Lord, help me be more consistent in the example I set. If I call you Father, may I live as your child, leading others to you.  Use me to show that this life isn’t “it.”  There is something glorious awaiting those who believe - eternal life with you.  Amen

      

No comments: