Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Change it up

          
Isaiah 55:6-7 (NIV)
Seek the Lord while he may be found;
    call on him while he is near.

Let the wicked forsake their ways

    and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
    and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

During my devotion time this morning I was rehashing some of my thoughts and feeling from yesterday. As I was walking A.J. I thought about how repetitive my life had become. I commiserated over the fact that I get myself into ruts and don't even try to get out; I just plug along until I realize I am not very happy with my life.

I wrote about my feelings and acknowledged that feelings aren't facts...but they are real and need to be dealt with.  So I inquired of Jesus, "Is there a Word from You today that will speak to this?" And of course there was. I was prompted to turn to my Bible and read about God's grace.
  1. How sufficient it is.
  2. How free it is
  3. How undeserved it is
  4. How I need to revel in these facts and not dwell on the feelings
I knew something had to change. So, I thought why not change up my routine. Make all things (fresh) new. Start each day in His Presence and recognize His Presence all day long. I needed to get 'unstuck' and move forward.

Much of the good that has come about in my life is due to the fact that God knew what was best for me and those around me. His heart was soft and his love so completely perfect, that I know if I had my own way during certain seasons, it would have been devastating. My life today would look different and I would be different.

Each time I prayed for 'a cup to pass me by', God said, "uh, uh, you need to experience this, you can learn and grow from it." These things still happen to me today too. But it is also good to recognize that God can grow us through the good times.

When I am stuck in the midst of a drama filled season I can trust God knows what is going to take place when I turn the page. I have confidence that He has already written the next chapter of my life and that it is important I walk through whatever valley I find myself.
        

No comments: