Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Christ is our Identity




In Christ, we are identified by God’s trademark, we are sealed in the Holy Spirit. We belong to the people of heaven, the family of God.



To authenticate a business agreement, I was required to have a document notarized, with two people present to witness me identify myself by name and signature.

To be sealed and hidden in Christ is to identify with Him completely, not by our name, our job, our social network, our ethnicity or nationality. The seal of His Spirit (invisible to the world) is our guarantee of protection, and our family inheritance of God’s  riches in Jesus.

When our lives are hidden in Him we rest comfortably, safe-guarded as little children resting in their parents' arms. "Be merciful to me God. Be merciful to me because I come to you for protection. I will come to you as a bird comes for protection under its mother's wings until the trouble has passed." Psalm 57:1, International Children's Version.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in he body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Lord, when I am unidentifiable to myself through failure, grief and fear, let me hide myself in You.

Epitaph on Billy Graham’s tombstone:
(Preacher of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ)

No comments: