Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Got your armor? You're ready

Tori Short is joining the Daily Bible Blast team. She will be providing the devotion for the first Friday of each month. Welcome Tori, I know we will all be blessed by your words.

I often think I am not ready or capable to do God's work or to share in His ministry or his gospel...I often will play out scenarios in my head and say "I don't know enough" or "I have to do this...." or "It's not the right time." But do you know what you and I both need to realize is: the time is now, the knowledge is known and God is with us.

In Leviticus 8:1-13, we start with reading that God spoke to Moses directly...God showed up and spoke.

Wouldn't that be awesome if God just said "Ok, let's go?" God speaks to us, maybe even in the same way He spoke to Moses but are we listening? Are we listening to hear that voice inside our heart saying “Get ready, get your stuff and let’s go.”

Moses prepared Aaron and his sons in a very specific way...Moses equipped each with a breastpiece, robe, waistband, a turban just as the Lord commanded Moses.

In the same way God equipped Aaron for ministry and the faith battle that awaited in the world, He equips you and I today. I imagine God saying “Be strong in Me because I am power and might. Let me put My full armor on you to equip you and guide you.”

“4 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”---Ephesians 6:10-17

So strap on your armor, your beautiful protection, shield and strength.

You are ready, keep listening!

No comments: