Pageviews past week

Monday, May 10, 2010

A New Song Psalm 40:1-8

Have you ever been in a funk? A cloud is hanging over your head and nothing anyone says makes a difference. You feel dark, blah, and you're not sure how to change your attitude.

A few years ago my husband and I were in a funk. We were not angry with each other but very quiet when together. This was uncharacteristic of us. I remember going to the bedroom of our little house one night, and setting next to me, on my nightstand, was my Bible. I couldn't remember when I had last opened it. Had it been a few days, weeks? I was unsure.

I opened the book; I don't remember what I read, but immediately the cloud lifted from my spirit. I had such a drastic change in attitude that I started laughing. The only explanation was I was reading God's word. As I laughed I yelled to my husband, "Hey get your Bible and start reading. It's so cool. I'm happy again. It totally works!" My husband came into the bedroom to see what I was yelling about and saw me grinning from ear to ear, sitting on the bed with my Bible in my lap.

Psalm 40:3 says, "He (God) put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Verse 7 says, "Then I said, 'Here I am, I have come-'." God put a new joyful song of praise to Him in my mouth that night when I opened His word and said, "Here I am, I have come." Have you ever been in a funk? A cloud is hanging over your head and nothing anyone says makes a difference. You feel dark, blah, and you're not sure how to change your attitude.

No comments: