Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Talk to Me Acts 8:26-40

There are many questions we are asked in a lifetime. Some questions we may be anticipating, and looking forward to hearing. “Will you marry me?”

Other questions we may want to hear, but fear we won’t answer correctly. “Why do you feel you are qualified for this position?”

Of course, there are those questions that scare us to death. “Mommy, where do babies come from?”

All of these questions are sure to garner some interesting conversations. It is the conversations that ensue, not the answers themselves that are important. When my neighbor, who knows that I attend church every Sunday morning stops to ask, “How was church today?” I can continue this conversation without feeling like I am in over my head. I can simply respond by answering the question truthfully.

The conversation that took place when Philip encountered the Ethiopian Eunuch changed the man’s life. (Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Acts 8:30-31)

Dear God,
Give me the heart to talk to friends and neighbors about you. Show me that all it takes is simple friendly conversation and a little bit of time. Help me to know that the Holy Spirit will take it from there. Amen.

No comments: