Pageviews past week

Friday, June 4, 2010

Loving Father -- Romans 8:12-17

As I was reading today's text, the words, "God is love," kept coming into my thoughts. Everything God does is out of love.

The enormity of God's love for His children is beyond understanding. God gave His only Son to die on a cross, take on my sins, and allow me to be His child.

As God's child my desire is to please Him by living according to His terms, not my own. That is hard, but I know I can call upon God for help. His Spirit gives me strength and power to help me rise above my temptations, difficulties, hurts, fears, and distractions. He is patient, forgiving, all about loving me, and saving me from my sinful self.

It doesn't matter what experiences describe an earthly father. God is greater than all of them.

I believe, trust, and look forward to receiving an unbelievable inheritance as God's child!

Prayer: Father God, thank You for embracing me as Your child. Thank You for all You have done for me in my life. I look forward, with great joy, to the blessings and glorious possibilities yet to come. Amen

We would like to know your thoughts. Click on Comments below.

Read today's text on Biblegateway, Romans 8:12-17

No comments: