Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 24, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond, John 8:12-20

My son told me this morning that he is Buzz Lightyear. He looked at me a bit sheepishly wondering how I would respond. With approving eyes and enthusiasm I said, “You are, cool.” That was all it took, and with pride he excitedly told me how he will save the day. Evan has an active imagination but there are times when he needs to know I believe in him.

Jesus makes an announcement while teaching in the temple. He tells all who are listening that he is the light of the world. And all who follow him will not walk in darkness will have the light of life. Unlike Evan, Jesus is not using his imagination, He is stating a fact.

His statement is met with criticism and Jesus does not falter. He knows his father is on his side. He informs the doubting Pharisees his father is witness to what He is saying. Jesus knew that without his father’s approval He could never be a light to the hurting world, and with his father’s approval nothing could put the light out, in fact His light would go, “To infinity and beyond.”
 
Read today entire passage on biblegateway John 8:12-20
 
We would love to know your thoughts.  Click "comments" below and let us know what you think.

No comments: