Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Don't Look Back, Genesis 19

I am very protective of my son. My husband calls me “momma bear”. I know my son is not perfect and causes his share of trouble, but as his mother I can’t help but defend him if he is wronged. My mom was the same way with me.

I remember going through a terrible experience at a day care growing up. I kept being punished, by an evil woman, for things I was innocent of. My mom was not ignorant to my free spirit, but when I shared the stories of my punishments day after day, she did not hesitate to remove me from the unfit care I was receiving. We walked out the door and didn’t look back.

God rescues Lot and his family from the evil of Sodom and Gomorrah. He is going to destroy the city and commands Lot to run and not look back. Lot is hesitant but eventually obeys. He and his family flee the city as fire rains down from heaven. Lot’s wife looks back though and is destroyed with the city. God does not want us change our mind but confidently flee from evil and not look back.

Read todays entire passage on Biblegateway Genesis 19

No comments: