Pageviews past week

Monday, July 26, 2010

Faith test of Sarah and Abraham -- Genesis 18:1-33

I just hate it when I have the urge to laugh and know it is not appropriate behavior or timing. I used to get the giggles whenever I was in the library with my girlfriends. Everyone knows you can't do any talking or laughing in that building without calling down the wrath of the librarian.

I can't help but feel a bit sorry for Sarah when she laughed - to herself, no less - and God heard it. She had waited for so long to have the promise fulfilled, and her faith was beginning to waiver. After all, she knew her body and recognized she was long past the time for giving birth. She was thinking to small, she was thinking that giving birth was up to her. "Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing.  So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?"  (Genesis 18:11-12)

Sarah is so much like me, always limiting the power of God. I need to remember when I pray to pray for things that could only be provided by God. I need to regularly pray for miracles. How else will I be able to point to Him as the one who brought about the realization of my request? God can do anything! I must learn to pray bigger, pray for miracles, God and can do it.

Read the entire scripture for today at Biblegateway and Genesis 18:1-33

Comment below or email your thoughts here.

No comments: