Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sin Enters the World -- Genesis 3


"No!" My friend, seeing his 3 year old daughter, hand on her hip, was somewhat amused at her defiance. Lately Maddy's need to exercise her freedom of choices had become greater than her desire to follow her father's requests. New boundaries were formed. They would still have fun, but now Maddy was aware of having choices she had to learn about consequences.

Sin entered the world when Eve said "no" to God and "yes" to her needs and desires. Eve ate the forbidden fruit and enticed Adam to do likewise. They experienced evil by yielding to temptation and disobeying God. God wanted them to understand and admit their sin. They tried to hide from God. Nothing could cover up the truth. They were both sinners.

As I look at today's reading, I think how intensely sin changed Adam and Eve's lives. They were taken out of the beautiful and serene garden. Never again would they enjoy the garden's blessings of inner peace, joy, and beauty. Sin filled them with doubt, fear, and guilt. Consequences led to new terms for living, working, and securing happiness. Their fellowship with God was broken.

Through the story of Adam and Eve, God's message is clear. He wants a personal relationship with me. At the same time He casts light on my sinful self making choices that keep us apart.

How thankful I am. I am blessed by living in a time of hope in Jesus Christ. He reconciles me to God when I get off track!

We would like to receive your comments. Click on Comments below.

If you prefer emailing your comments directly to us, click here.

No comments: