Pageviews past week

Monday, August 23, 2010

Go Ahead, Spill The Beans Genesis 45:1-15



I can’t keep a secret. If I have a hidden morsel of knowledge, I can’t keep it too myself. Don’t tell me about a surprise party, because I will blow it. I may not come right out and spill the beans, but my face will give it away or subtle hints will eek out uncontrollable.

Back in the times of Abraham we talked about foreshadowing. We learned how God foreshadowed his son’s death when He saved Isaac from sacrifice. It seems God doesn’t like to keep secrets either. Just open the pages of scripture and all the secrets are made known.

Today we see another hint into God’s provision for us. Joseph, finally revealing himself to his brothers, says, “And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you… But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.”

Did you see it? Just like God sent Joseph ahead to save his family and all of Israel, He also sent Christ ahead to save all of humanity “by a great deliverance”. The death of a sinless Christ is our great deliverance! Spend some time today thanking God for this deliverance, and praying about who you can let in on the secret. God does not want this kept silent. Go ahead, spill the beans.

Read the entire passage on Biblegateway Genesis 45:1-15

No comments: