Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

All Israel to Egypt - Genesis 45:16 - 46:34

It is fascinating to look back at the lives of Jacob and Joseph, two ordinary men, chosen by God. God blesses them and many future generations.

Jacob did his share of rebellion and disobedience, confession and repentance. God’s special love for Jacob shows as we witness Him working through Jacob’s many human flaws to prepare him for greatness.

Joseph suffered misfortunes, anguish and loneliness, but he relied on God’s help in his troubles. We see Joseph faithful and strong, facing hardships, resisting temptation and offering forgiveness. We see God’s plan fulfilled. Joseph becomes a leader of a nation!

Did they understand and comprehend God's plan? I don’t think so, but both men remained faithful and trusted God. Their obedience allowed God to work his plan through them.

God spoke to Jacob, "I am God, the God of your father," he said. "Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there." (v 46:3) Jacob came to Egypt, and with his sons settled in Goshen. There they grew into the nation that God had planned.

When I am in the midst of unsettling times, I can see and feel God's presence, but. I don’t always understand His plan. I am grateful that I don’t need to understand. I need to pray, listen, trust, obey, and rejoice in the comfort and peace of knowing it is God's plan. He is right by my side making it work out in spite of all my imperfections.


If you would like to email your comments directly to us, click here.

Read the entire text for today, Genesis 45:16 - 46:34, on Biblegateway.

No comments: