Pageviews past week

Monday, August 30, 2010

New Times - 1 Peter 1:1-12

In the Old Testament, the prophets understood some details of the coming Messiah, but they were left with many questions. The descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were strangers wandering in strange lands. What a gift we have been given in New Testament times! Knowing Jesus Christ, we are not alone.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you…" (vs 3-4)

We have this wonderful hope and immense joy. Hope and joy beyond our understanding. It is because of our hope we can rejoice even when we are in the midst of suffering. Our joy is not based on our circumstances. Our hope in heaven is assured by God, whatever our circumstances.

Thinking on these words today: My Heart Sings

Most gracious heavenly Father
Your love overflows my heart with hope each day

Humbly I bow before you singing your praises
Everyday you hear my prayers
Abolish my sins with your forgiveness
Renew my strength to walk through each day
Taking my hand You whisper my name and comfort me

Showering me constantly with blessings that I do not deserve
Igniting the flame in my heart to proclaim aloud, "You are my God"
Never failing to feel the peace of Your presence
Gladness overwhelms me to the depth of my soul
Singing, within my heart, love for my most gracious heavenly Father


We enjoy your comments. To respond by email, click here.

To read today's text, 1 Peter 1:1-12, on Biblegateway, click here.
To return to this blog from Biblegateway, use the back arrow.

No comments: