Pageviews past week

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Living Hope - 1 Peter 1:1-12

“Jesus Christ is risen! He is risen, indeed!” I love to join the mass of voices declaring this Truth at Easter services. I close my eyes and see their joy as the disciples realize Jesus has returned to them. I feel a similar joy recognizing He still lives in my heart today. He lives to give me a brand new life and a future in heaven!

Peter speaks of a living hope. Christ is the living hope. What this means to me is His hope is available to me all the time. In my prayers He meets me in the pressures of the day, my hurts, struggles, grief, and helpless moments. He forgives me, comforts me, encourages me, empowers me, and shows me the right path to take. In the midst of all life’s issues, He strengthens me giving me joy and hope beyond my understanding.

Christ Jesus lives! I know Christ is with me. He will be beside me even to the end of my life. Then He will be with me to lead me through to live in heaven.

”Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.” (vs 8-9)

Why wait until Easter, when it can be declared every day, "Christ is risen! He is risen, indeed!"


We enjoy your comments. Click below on comments or email us.
Read today's text, 1 Peter 1:1-12, on Biblegateway. Click on the return arrow to return to this page.

No comments: