Pageviews past week

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Giving Glorifies God - 2 Corinthians 9:10-15

When I go shopping for a birthday gift or a Christmas present I love to try to find a gift that will be appreciated; one that will be used. The phrase, finding the gift that keeps on giving, comes to mind when searching for just the right item.  When I give a gift it is such fun to realize that I hit the mark.  When the recipient is pleased and tells me so, I am elated.  I don't want anything in return.  Their pleasure turns out to be my blessing.

I think that is how God feels about us.  He wants to give us so much, and He does.  When we recognize and acknowledge what He has done for us and thank Him by sharing with someone who needs help, God is pleased.  There are always four recipients or beneficiaries of our generosity:

  1. You, as the giver you are blessed with a full heart and a light spirit
  2. God's people - the person you gave to
  3. God - as your gift is an expression of thanks to the one who gave to you in the first place
  4. Everyone else when they witness your generosity
Dear Heavenly Father, reveal to us today just how wonderful it is, not only when we tithe, but when we give cheerfully.  "Thanks be too God for His indescribable gift!" (2 Corinthians 9:15)  Giving glorifies God.

To read the complete text for today click here .  To return to this posting hit the back arrow.

No comments: