Pageviews past week

Friday, May 20, 2011

Have I Got A Story For You! Matthew 13:31-35

I love telling stories; you have probably already guessed that about me… I don’t tell stories though just to talk or share an exciting tale. I love to tell stories that have a message. The best stories are the ones where when you get to the punch line, a light goes off and the receiver of the story has an aha moment.

Our passage today shows Jesus sharing stories that explain what the Kingdom of heaven is like. After sharing these stories, Matthew explains why Jesus told so many stories.

“All Jesus did that day was tell stories—a long storytelling afternoon. His storytelling fulfilled the prophecy;
I will open my mouth and tell stories;
I will bring out into the open
things hidden since the world's first day. “

There are many stories Jesus told that we can read in scripture. As a church it is our job to pass those stories on, but we should also tell our own stories of how God has revealed himself to us. We can’t keep these stories hidden from the world, we too need to “bring out into the open” all the amazing ways of God.

Read today's passage at Biblegateway Matthew 13:31-35

No comments: