Pageviews past week

Monday, May 23, 2011

Romans 4:1-12

I am reminded of how often I try to justify my actions with all sorts of excuses and lame reasons when caring of my grandchildren.  When a squabble erupts and I step in to see what is going on, one will say, "he hit me," and the other might retort with, "he took my Thomas Train."  

When my behavior mirrors that of a young child, I can just imagine God rolling His eyes, smiling behind His hand, and saying, "It's okay, I still love you."  This is nothing we can or should brag about, because God's love isn't because of something we did.  Love is who He is.

"Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.  Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him." (Romans 4:7-8)

Just like we love our children and grandchildren when they misbehave, God loves and cares for us when we act out.  In fact He loved us before we were born.  He knew we would sin, he knew we would hurt others and possibly do the same things over and over again, but He loves us anyway, all the time.  There is nothing we can do to make God love is more, but even more comforting is the fact there is nothing we can do to make Him love us less.

Read the Romans 4:1-12 text here.

No comments: