Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 22, 2011

True Love

When I read today’s passage I can’t help but think of my son. Almost four years ago we adopted this little boy, bringing him into our family and making him a Sherrill. Evan is one of us no exception. When Jesus died on the cross, the way to eternal life was open not only for the Jewish believers, but also for the Gentiles.

I am a Gentile, so today’s passage is special to me. “Remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth… excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.”

I was struck by the words, without God in the world. Our son was once without parents in the world, but when he came into our home that ended. I never think of him as anything but my son. Through the blood of Christ, all Gentiles are now Children of God.

God no longer sees the difference between Jew and Gentile. He does not say, "I love you, even though you are a Gentile." He just says, "I love you." When I look at Evan I don’t say,” I love you even though you were adopted.” I just say, “I love you.”

Think about this and take some time to thank God for how much he did for you on the cross.

Read today's passage at Biblegateway Ephesians 2:11-22

No comments: