Pageviews past week

Friday, June 24, 2011

John 4:1-42

Lately, when doing morning devotions I am sensing God is saying things to me repeatedly.  This is probably because I need to be told a number of times before I get it right.  I am hearing a message  about life being difficult for a reason; struggles and challenges are ever-present because that is the only way faith will grow.  God seems to be teaching me by using 'tough love', and it really is tough.

It seems He wants to grow me in faith and experiences and encourage me to share these experiences with others.  I am being prompted to share my story, my testimony, with others.  One of the things I do daily is journal my prayers and my thoughts.  I will often use one of these journals to help me prepare my testimony when scheduled to share somewhere.  I am astounded how God wants to use me, my story, to help someone else come to know Him better.  The scripture for today is all about that practice.

"Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. And because of his words many more became believers." (John 4:39-41)

Do you know that God wants to use your story, your journey, in the same way?  Are you willing to give it a try?  You will be blessed beyond belief, I have been.


Read John 4:1-42 at Biblegateway.com

No comments: