Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Psalm 27

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.  (Psalm 27:14)

How good are you at waiting?  I think of those times I am in line at the grocery story and have to wait while the person in front of me digs through her purse for her coupons, then wait some more as she rifles through the same purse for her checkbook.  I must admit, I do not have gentle thoughts as I stand waiting for my turn to check out my one item.

What about getting stuck in traffic?  How do you react?  Can you wait and maybe even enjoy the moment.  What about the long line of cars waiting for geese to waddle across a busy street while taking their sweet time?  How do you feel about waiting for them?

These are fairly innocent examples, ones that should not cause us any stress.  Now, put yourself in the place of a mother and father in the hospital waiting room as their only child lay on the operating table.  How does one wait while anticipating the surgeon's report?

There are many ways we wait, many opportunities for us to practice patience and faithfully wait for God to make the next move.  Psalm 27 is perhaps my favorite Psalm, as it is rich and full of wisdom love and faithfulness.  When traveling through peril, I repeat verse 1 and wait upon the Lord.

"The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? 
The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)


No comments: