Pageviews past week

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Acts 6:7-12, 7:54-60

Do you have conflict in your life?  Does it seem like you move from one sticky situation to another with hardly a breath in between?  There are seasons in our life when it seems like chaos rules and Satan is having his way. Truth be told, often we have brought the difficulties on ourselves. More often than not the situation I find myself enmeshed in, would not have happened were I able to keep my mouth shut...in other words listened. "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry" (James 1:19)

Today we are reading some of the story of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr.  In deciding what message lie within these verses I came to Acts 6:12, "So they stirred up the people and the elders and the teachers of the law."  The Jews would not listen, "they secretly persuaded some men to say, “We have heard Stephen speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God. (Acts 6:12)


How often do our actions resemble this type of behavior?  When I don't get my own way do I grumble to others and stir up a commotion, or do I listen and really hear what is being said.  Stephen's message was a powerful message hundreds of years ago and it still is today.

Read Acts 6:7-12, 7:54-60 here.

No comments: