Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Acts 8:26-40

“As for Philip, an angel of the Lord said to him, “Go south down the desert road that runs from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27 So he started out (Acts 8:26-27a)” Have you felt the urging of the Holy Spirit before? Philip did and he obeyed. He didn’t ask why or for how long or what should I be looking for, he just obeyed.

Obedience is hard for me when I don’t know all the details. I remember when my husband and I were going through fertility treatments; I got to a point where I just wanted to know what God had planned. I was still willing to do what God was directing me to do but I wanted some more details.

God doesn’t always give us details. He sees the big picture and asks that we trust the process he is taking us through. Philip obeyed and met a man of great influence in Ethiopia. He had the opportunity to share the gospel and baptize him all because he followed the Spirit’s leading.

My husband and I never did get pregnant, but God taught us so many things while we obeyed him through the fertility treatments. I still can see the surprised look on the doctor’s face, the day of my final fertility treatment, when he saw our new adopted baby in the stroller. Only God knows why, it’s our job to listen.

Read today's passage at Biblegateway Acts 8:26-40

No comments: