Pageviews past week

Monday, August 29, 2011

Put God's Word in Your Heart - Hebrews 5:12-6:12

A number of years ago, when I began to take seriously, my walk with God, He put a few Godly women in my path.  Not all at the same time, in fact their entrance onto the stage of my life took place over the course of many years.  A few of these women I have written of before, like Joyce and Melissa.  One was an annoyance - persistent in her invitation - but an annoyance none-the-less.  The other was an encouragement, reminding me of my positive traits and building on them.

When God had properly prepared my heart for Him, he introduced more women; women who were strong in His Word, who loved Him and lived a life reflective of His Way.  I learned by their example to dig into Scripture when life got tough, or confusing or painful, or...  It is taking years, a lifetime actually, to get this heart filled to overflowing with love for Jesus and His people.  

"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized." (Hebrews 6:10-11)

Growing Up Strong in God's Word is a remarkable endeavor  Now, in the new surroundings new life I find myself, God once again is moving women into place.  In a few short weeks I have made friends with a number of His servants, and one in particular, Patty.  God's faithfulness to me is available to you as well.  Put your nose in His book and He will re-write the pages of your story.

Read the Hebrews 5:12-6:12 text here.

No comments: