Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Are you on the right road? - Ephesians 4:1-16

I am so thankful for the technology available today which allows me to go somewhere I have never been without fear of losing my way.  A road map or better yet, an atlas provides security when I doubt which way to turn next.  You probably know what I am going to mention now, GPS (Global Positioning System).  Wow, did you ever in your wildest imagination dream that you would be able to take your phone with you on a trip, and then turn on a navigation system that will not only tell you in words which way to turn, it will direct you around detours, dangerous weather and congested roadways.

I am beginning to think of my Bible as my GPS (God's Planned Salvation).  The more familiar I become with God's plan, the smoother my life is - not easier - there are still detours and inclement weather - but it is more recognizable when I am heading down a dangerous path.  My senses are heightened to the danger lurking in the distance.

There are many reasons to sit down and open up the Bible and dig in like a ravenous sojourner.  Traveling this road we call life can be dangerous and the wise traveler will consult a map or guide book prior to venturing into the unknown.  "Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming." (Ephesians 4:15)

Read the Ephesians 4:1-16 text here.

No comments: